June 13, 2010

My Karate Kid

So I haven't been posting lately because I've been having too much fun with my son.  He hates when I'm on the computer and since I have limited time with him, I want to make the most of it.  Right now he is practicing his clarinet, so I thought I'd share with you a quote from the movie we're about to see.  That's right, we haven't seen it yet, just the previews, but we already have a favorite line from it.


pic from the original Karate Kid

We watched all three Karate Kid movies from the 80's Friday night, compliments of Hannah's satellite TV:)  We are going to see the new remake of the original in a few minutes.  We've been using Jackie Chan's line: "Your focus needs more focus!" around the apartment in many situations.  It's become sort of a joke, even, when our attention wanes (I swear, I've gotten more attention deficit since he was born 12 years ago!) 

But on the serious side, Focus is something I want to bring more of into my life- in all aspects of my life.  I'm not counting on this movie to bring any great sense of clarity into my life or anything; I know it's just a fun movie that we are going to see.  But I DO hope to cultivate focus in those areas of my life that need it most.  And it will still probably be used in a joking way between my son and me:)

pic from the new Karate Kid

What areas of your life could use more focus?

p.s. did anyone else have a huge crush on Ralph Macchio?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't gone to see this but heard good things...let us know how it was!

    And I love it..."Your focus needs more focus". Needs to be my mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was really well done and really cute:) Jaden Smith reminds me a lot of my son- it made ME want to take Karate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading your blog posts! Keep 'em coming! So glad that you are having a great time with your son!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Val! Hope you are well:)

    ReplyDelete