August 21, 2010

Wallpaper is Making a Comeback!

An old family friend I caught up with on Facebook has recently renewed her relationship with wallpaper.  No sooner did she post pics of her bathroom re-do, than I began seeing beautiful wallpaper everywhere!  This is one I am so in love with, I actually would marry it:


from decor8
designer: Katja Behre of Ellie Popp

and a fabric designer that Hannah often uses when making her bags and accessories, Amy Butler, has her own line of wallpaper out now:

image pulled from Going Home to Roost

I used to be a decorative painter and muralist when all those "faux finishes" were in style and I had a hate/hate relationship with wallpaper; it seemed I always had to strip someone's old wallpaper and smooth out their walls before I could begin the creative work.  And if you've ever had to strip wallpaper, you know what I mean.  But I take it all back for this resurgence.  I am now having a love/LOVE relationship with these fabulous designs!  What are your feelings about wallpaper making a comeback?

No comments:

Post a Comment